Different types of mowers are available in the market with different features. But all are not perfect for your lawn. So picking right one will be the wiser decision based on your mowing needs.
Lawn Mower Makes and Models
- Ariens — an old name in landscaping equipment that makes a mid priced zero turn mower that has below middle performance.
- Craftsman — Sears and Craftsman have been with us for a long time. Their walk behind models are in the bottom half of your choices. But their tractors are in the top half.
- Cub Cadet — Their walk behinds are so-so performers and their tractors vary from some of the worse to one of the best.
- John Deere — Their walk behind is overpriced – but you could buy almost any of their tractors and be happy.
- Honda — Buy any of their walk behinds and you’ll be happy.
- Husqvarna — midrange performers in a walk behind but great performers in lawn tractors.
- Lawn Boy — Buy any of their walk behinds and you’ll be happy.
- Snapper — Walk behinds are lower half performers – zero turn tractors are midrange performers.
- Toro — They make one of the best walk behinds and some of the best zero turn lawn tractors.
- Troy Bilt — For years we have known them for their tillers. But they make a low price entry into the zero turn riding mower competition.
- White Outdoor — you don’t find them everywhere, but they are in the lawn tractor ( riding lawn mower ) business.
- Yard-Man — Known mostly for their walk behind mowers, they do make one of the lower priced riding mowers.
Types of Lawn Mower
- Electric Lawn Mower: Best Choice — GreenWorks 25022
- Riding Lawn Mower: Best Choice — Troy-Bilt 30-inch Riding Mower
- Reel Lawn Mower: Best Choice — Scotts 2000-20
- Gas Lawn Mower: Best Choice — Honda hrr216k9vka
- Zero Turn Mower: Best Choice — Poulan Pro P46zx
- Robotic Lawn Mower: Best Choice — Worx Wg794
Which Lawn Mower Suits You?
Before pick one you should ask few questions yourself that can help you to understand your needs. The very first question could be how big your lawn size is? How much you want to spend for your mower? Do you want traditional push mower or easy to use mower? What do you feel about gas smell and noise? What shape you want for your lawn? Which one will be easy charging or refueling? Do you want high quality mower or cheap one? Do you like power cords? What is your storage thinking? How long you can spend for your mowing?
These aren’t very hard to answer but these will help you to get clear idea on your mowing needs and you can pick one which will best suited for your lawn. Because it’s not something you would buy every day or month. So go for a strong and quality one can be your long time mowing companion.
Choosing Best Lawn Mower
One of the most important aspects of choosing the best lawn mower is based on the type of mower you need. Different yards need different mowers. So, knowing what type of mower you should be investing in is a great starting point in the decision-making process.
This type of lawn mower works well for small or medium-sized properties. While it is powered by fuel, these mowers are propelled to move by a human’s push. Using a stand-behind mower on a small patch of grass can knock the job out quickly, shoring up any wild-looking hedge into a neatly trimmed landscape. Medium-sized yards will involve more effort because you will have to push the mower around for a bit longer to cover the yardage. Still, it’s small enough to manage cutting the grass with a push mower. Many of these mowers work on the same principle as gas-fueled vehicles and often require gasoline to work. Yet, lawn mowers are much smaller than cars and do not require nearly the same amount of fuel. Try to keep a gas can stashed away for lawn-mowing purposes.
Push mowers are the least expensive option of mower choices. If you’re property is small enough to pull off using a push mower, you can tackle your lawn needs without spending a lot of money.
Ride mowers, also known as lawn tractors, are lawn motors that people can sit on, turn the ignition and start tackling a large area of unruly grass. Ride mowers are more akin to cars and require a certain amount of driving knowledge to maneuver the machine. These type of lawn mowers work best for large properties with ample areas of grass or semi-commercial acres that are dedicated to some type of industry requiring the use of multiple acreage.
Lawn tractors can require a substantial monetary investment and cost a bit to purchase. However, ride mowers will get a lawn cutting job done within a short amount of time. Depending on your lawn mowing needs, making short shrift of cutting the grass could make purchasing a ride mower extremely cost effective, particularly if the property is extremely large or is pertinent for commercial purposes.
If cutting your lawn is not within the realm of possibility, there are other options. Many people choose to employ a lawn service to maintain their yards, keeping properties presentable and lawns manageable. Individuals that are physically impaired or time constricted typically find this option to be a happy medium for tending their yards without sacrificing lifestyles or livelihoods. This option works well for personal or commercial properties, depending on the scope of the job.
Residential spaces can make use of sole proprietors or companies, providing a nice deal of flexibility toward choosing who will keep the lawn trimmed. Hiring a kid down the street or calling up the local landscape company usually suffices. However, commercial properties may need to take different routes toward maintaining a lawn. Businesses with lawn-mowing concerns often hire licensed landscaping companies to service properties, not entrepreneurial kids or independent handymen. Due to licensure, insurance and compliance, doing so could actually put a company at legal risk. Yards that are dedicated to commercial use may also use an industrial landscaper to keep fields in the best shape possible.
Best Lawn Mower Reviews 2019 You can Trust
Anyone with a yard and a healthy dose of grass can tells you that investing in a lawn mower is a smart move. In fact, I am one of those people that can vouch for the importance of having a lawn mower. Where I live, a city ordinance will fine any individual that allows grass to grow too high on their property. After a few steady weeks of rain and temperate weather, the grass around my home quickly sprouted. A short time later, I found a ticket on my front door. Needless to say, mowing the lawn shot right to the top of my priority list.
Before purchasing a lawn mower, I knew I had to do a bit of research about finding the best lawn mower for my needs. After reading through hundreds of lawn mower reviews and sizing up the type of mower I needed for my property. It was a lot of work. The good news is that you get the payoff. Everything you need to know about choosing a lawn mower is here, wrapped up in a nice article with a figurative bow on top. Instead of sweating about the why and how, all you need to do is stick around and read up!
Why You Need Electric Lawn Mower in 2019!
There is no need to look for lawn mower reviews to find the best lawn mower for your needs. You just need to break out your common sense, look up this site & weight your choices. Combine those things with your needs and you are well on your way to making the decision you need to make for your lawn.