The GreenWorks 14-inch 10 amp corded Dethatcher 27022 is a top of the line electric tool that has more than enough power to get the job done effectively and bring your lawn back to life. This Dethatcher contains a robust 10 Amp motor that delivers comparable power to that of a gas powered dethatcher. And one of the best parts is, you don’t have deal with the hassle of a gas powered dethatcher. It is comfortable and easy to use, has simple mechanisms, is lightweight, and works well on all types of grass.
GreenWorks 27022 Features
- This GreenWorks Dethatcher model covers a 14′” dethatching path, helping you get the job done even faster. It also has 7.5″ wheels, making it easily maneuverable. The tines located on the dethatcher have 3 positions, providing the adjustments necessary for greater control of the removal of tough matted down layers, promoting the continued health of your lawn. These tines are stainless steel, meaning they will stay sharp for longer, providing better reliability. This particular model also comes with a full set of replacement tines (for a total of 36 tines).
- The GreenWorks 27022 10 amp 14″ corded dethatcher contains impressive, simple to use mechanisms. This is why it is a top choice for everyone. It contains a simple push button to start (as compared to a heavy duty cord pull with a gas powered dethatcher). This model also has an overheat protection sensor built in that will automatically shut off the electric motor if it begins to overheat. Because of the simplicity of this electric model, the machine has better endurance, making it a more cost-effective option.
- The GreenWorks 14-inch 10 Amp Corded Dethatcher 27022 is also very comfortable to use. It has an ergonomic, padded grip handle. The handle also has adjustments, making it customizable and more comfortable for the user. It is lightweight (weighing only approx. 25 lbs.) and is easy to use as well.
- 14 inch thatch path
- Simple push button start
- 3-Position tine depth adjustment
- Lightweight, easy to use
- The cord can be a nuisance
- Some assembly required
Can Be Used on All Lawns
- This dethatcher can be used on all different types of grass, including St. Augustine grass. St Augustine grass is particularly thick and requires a heavy duty detatcher to get the job done efficiently. This GreenWorks dethatcher is specifically designed to dig deep into the underlayers of the lawn. Because it contains three adjustments, it has the ability to work on different types and thickness of grass.
- No matter what climate you live in, thatch build-up can occur on your lawn. This GreenWorks model is easy to use and is very effective. As with any lawn equipment, it is important to get familiar with the way it runs so you can get the best use out of it. Many people remove thatch by hand or by raking, which can be very tedious and time-consuming. Thatch build-up can be very thick, which is why doing it by hand is extremely difficult. The GreenWorks Corded Dethatcher is worth its weight in gold. It will the job done quickly and efficiently, saving you time and labor.
Gas vs. Electric Dethatcher
This model is perfect for those who do not want to deal with the hassle of using a gas powered machine. Gas powered dethatchers are difficult to start for one thing. They also make more noise and and are more difficult to control. This GreenWorks dethatcher starts instantaneously, it is very easy to push and maneuver, and it is quiet, yet powerful.
More About This Dethatcher
- This GreenWorks dethatcher does contain a cord, however, which may become a nuisance. It takes experience getting used to working around the cord.
It has a lime green base cover with black and silver accents, giving it that simple and sleek look. The cord attaches to the silver bars coming up from the base, keeping it out of the way (for the most part) while running the machine. It is a lightweight tool, making it easier to store in the cooler months.
- The GreenWorks 14-inch 10 Amp Corded Dethatcher 27022 has many advantages over a gas powered dethatcher. It is simple to use, worth the money, and does the job right. This dethatcher is perfect for revitalizing your lawn in the spring time or getting rid of thick thatch build-up on tough lawns to give you that dark green lawn again. If you don’t want to rent or spend a fortune on an expensive dethatcher, this cost-effective GreenWorks Dethatcher gets the job done right and is easy to use.