So, your search of push reel lawn mower has brought you to this site – a very suitable place so that you are able to look for a good one at this time. A push reel mower (or also called many different names like a manual mower, hand mowers, people-powered mowers, or manual reel mower) is described as a grass-cutting tool with no inner power source.
Right now, let’s consult useful information about the best reel lawn mowers for 2018!
The main power will be coming from a person behind it. Well, if you want a good-looking lawn, a pleasurable moving experience, and a fresh air, your final decision will stop at picking up the reel mower.
- 1 Top 3 Best Push Reel Lawn Mower Recommendations
- 2 Scotts 2000-20 Pros and Cons
- 3 GreenWorks 25052 Lawn Mower Pros and Cons
- 4 Fiskars 6201 Lawn Mower Pros and Cons
- 5 Pros and Cons of Push Lawn Mower
- 6 Reel Lawn Mower Pros and Cons
- 7 What To Expect Before Buying The Best Reel Lawn Mower
- 8 Conclusion
- 9 Related Post
Top 3 Best Push Reel Lawn Mower Recommendations
Scotts 2000-20 20-Inch Classic Push Reel Lawn Mower
The classic Scotts Push Reel Mower will attract buyers for the first time because of its simple features. This mower consists of a 20-inch reel mower with 10-inch dual tracking wheels and rugged radial tires.
Besides, Scotts 2000-20 also has 5 heat-treated steel blades which are extremely sharp in order to offer the mower an easy exact cutting and effective performance. Especially, you enable to select from 9 grass heights and set up from 1-3 inches via a quick-snap height adjuster.
Scotts 2000-20 Pros and Cons
Scotts 2000-20 Pros
- This push reel lawn mower consists of 5 heat-treated blades which made of good quality steel. So, it can bring you a nice and sharp cutting of grass.
- This mower includes 9 various cutting height choices.
- You can adjust the height extent from 1 – 3 inches with the quick-snap height adjuster.
- No noise, no pollution, and be clean for the surrounding environment.
- The Scotts 2000-20 requires a very little of maintenance and reparation.
- With two 10-inch dual tracking wheels, it’s rather easy for you to maneuver.
- It’s equipped with the loop style handle that can create a comfort in operating.
- This lawn mower is totally safe when using.
- It’s slight (about 30 pounds) and cheap.
- This product will have a 2-year warranty.
Scotts 2000-20 Cons
- If your type of grass is thick, this push reel lawn mower will not be suitable.
- This tool could not work well with weeds. So, you have to spend too much effort to mow.
- Maybe, your mower will get stuck with twigs in the blades when mowing. And you have to take more time to remove them out.
GreenWorks 25052 16-Inch Reel Lawn Mower with Grass Catcher
The GreenWorks 25052 Reel Lawn Mower will be an appropriate tool for your small or medium-sized lawn. The 16 inches cutting path will make the moving work promptly and more effectively.
Furthermore, you also alter the cutting height from 1 1/8 – 2 1/4 inches so that you can get your desired height cut. In addition, the 10 inches front wheels and 2 inches rear roller will make the mowers feel easy and comfortable when moving the lawn.
GreenWorks 25052 Lawn Mower Pros and Cons
GreenWorks 25052 Pros
- One of the most indispensible things in almost push reel lawn mowers is their quiet and save-consuming. When cutting the grass, you never worry your neighbor. In addition, you don’t take too much time and money to come to the closest gas station or pay high electric bills.
- With an adjustable cutting height (16”, 18”, or 20”), you can feel comfortable when using this tool.
- Don’t fear of how to use. Everything that you should do is to push the mover by your own power to cut the grass.
- This tool is extremely environmentally friendly. No zero carbon footprints and no carbon exhalation in the surrounding environment.
- With the grass catcher, your mowing will be quick and simple.
GreenWorks 25052 Cons
- If you’re not careful when mowing, this tool can be got stuck with mulch pieces or branches with ease. However, you also remove it, and it doesn’t take too much time.
- Although the grass catcher is rather effectively, its capacity is rather small in case that you have to move too long.
- Of course, you need to spend too much effort in mowing.
Fiskars 18 Inch Staysharp Max Reel Mower (6201)
The Fiskars 6201 Max Reel Mower is considered as the great tool that offers the sharpest grass-cutting. Its features are powerful; moreover, it also creates less amount of friction for blades.
Owing to that, you could keep the blades sharpened about 5 years or so. In addition, you might adjust the height from 1-4 inches to mow the lawn as you love.
Fiskars 6201 Lawn Mower Pros and Cons
Fiskars 6201 Pros
- You don’t spend too much time on assembling. All are just 5 – 10 minutes.
- One of the most important highlights of this tool is no requirement of gas or fuel. Hence, it has always allured lots of clients who wish for a mower with no wiring and plugs. It’s because they might feel safe when mowing the lawn.
- With some useful features, this product can work well with many types of grass, have a durable time, and cut the grass easily and effectively.
- Gardening with this tool will bring a comfortable and pleasing feeling as performing several exercises.
Fiskars 6201 Pros
- Because of a manual lawn mower, this product is just for small yards. So, although it’s a powerful tool, if your lawn is large, you have to spend a whole day for mowing.
- All the four wheels are fixed firmly, so you will meet some difficulties when turning.
If you don’t like 3 above products, you can read my review about Black & Decker SPCM1936
Pros and Cons of Push Lawn Mower
Any product has its advantages and disadvantages, so try to look at several concerning information about the manual reel lawn mower below.
Reel Lawn Mower Pros and Cons
Reel Lawn Mower Pros
- Be pretty quiet. You don’t have to listen to a loud noise from any old gas-powered lawn mowers when choosing the reel lawn mower for your yard. The sole sound that you just hear is “snip-snip-snip” as the grass is cut.
- In addition, you don’t make your neighbor feel uncomfortable when you’re mowing. It sounds interesting, right? You enable to work in the early morning or too late in the evening or anytime you love without being afraid of any complaint.
- No pollution. When using the manual reel lawn mower, you don’t need to take care of releasing any exhaust. It’s definitively safe for your surrounding environment.
- While using gas-powered lawn mowers will create too much pollution as well as noisy. Just control these machines for 1 hour; your small lawn will be full of smoke. Therefore, picking up the reel lawn mower will be the best choice.
- Be safe. Surely, using the reel lawn mower is safer than using the others with motors because it’s hard to lose control of the reel mower. You need to keep your children safe when controlling the mower with the engine in the lawn.
- Be pleasing. You will take about 30-40 minutes for mowing your lawn with the push reel mower. It’s definitively suitable for those who love as working as doing exercise at home.
- Besides, the price for this product is not expensive. Just spend a walk on selling pages online i.e. Amazon.com, you can pick up a very appropriate one for yourself.
- Easy-to-use. The manual reel lawn mower is lightweight, so it’s rather easy to push and mow than availing the gas-powered ones. Interestingly, applying the reel mower does not only help your grass’s health but make your lawn look beautiful.
Reel Lawn Mower Cons
- Take too much time. To those who don’t have too much time in mowing, the reel mower might not be suitable because they need to spend nearly an hour to mow their small lawn (8,000 square feet).
- Meanwhile, if using the mower with the motor, it just takes about 25 minutes. In case that you own a larger lawn, not only do you spend too much time but also your power.
- Just use for some particular types of grass. Not almost the push reel mowers can cope with thick grass or some particular kinds of grass i.e. Bermuda, Zoysia (Japanese lawn grass, aka Joysiagrass, and Korean lawn grass), and St Augustine. Though, there are some reel mowers with adjustable blade and high ground clearance might work well with the thick grass.
- Be unsuitable for large yard and 2-foot tall weeds. Certainly, if your yard is more than 1 acre, using the reel mower is unpractical. In addition, you need to know that its design is just for mowing grass, not tall weeds.
Therefore, to avoid the development of weed, you have to mow frequently to make your grass become strong and healthy; whereas the weeds will be weak.
What To Expect Before Buying The Best Reel Lawn Mower
In case that you’re a newbie to the push reel mowers, you should consult a couple of details below in order to purchase the suitable one.
- Cutting height: It’s rather important. You need to know what the extent of heights you enable to alter the blades in the reel mower up and down.
- Cutting width: If the reel lawn mower is bigger and longer, it will be certainly heavy. Nonetheless, you don’t spend too much time on moving back and forth on the yard. Therefore, your mowing job can be done soon.
- Rear bag: Which direction of grass spray – behind, out, or in front you? Do you want to purchase the reel mower with a rear bag behind? If you don’t like your feet full of clippings after mowing, you should consider the mower with the rear bag.
- Types of grass: You should know which kinds of the grass to purchase the suitable manual mower. For instance, the Scotts 2000-20 and Mascot 6 will be suited with the thick grass
- Weight: Take care of your health and see how many weights you can push the reel lawn mower.
Here are the best top-rated push reel mowers that anyone might avail to design and create a new outlook for their own lawn. No matter what you’re a newcomer to this realm or not, you will attain whatever you want instantly and then take the most appropriate mower for your own aim.
Interestingly, you can recognize that the mowing procedure will be an easy and exciting task rather than a stressful one like the others imagine. These reel lawn mowers are the best recommendations and suitable for your own budget. Check them it again and take one for your need now!
- Top 10 Best Push Mower Reviews 2018 on the Market
- Best Earthwise Electric Lawn Mowers Review 2018
- Best Push Gas Lawn Mowers Review And Buying Guide Of 2018
- Most Popular Lawn Tractor Reviews 2018
- Best Robotic Lawn Mower Reviews 2018
- Best-Rated Riding Lawn Mower Reviews 2018
- Best Electric Lawn Mowers Review & Buying Guide Of 2018
- How To Select The Best Push Lawn Mower of 2018
- Best Zero Turn Mower Reviews 2018 [ 18 Zero Turn Mower ]