It can be said that owning the best push gas lawn mower is a prudent choice among all the kinds of mowers, except for the push reel products. The gas mower has a huge power and capacity to cope with any mowing request rather well. But, maintenance is, sometimes, a big question.
What is the gas lawn mower? – A gas product receives main power from a gasoline engine which is commonly generated by either a 2 or 4 stroke engines. Basically, it’s more powerful than an electric mower. Relying on that, it is able to deal with large yards well and effectively.
You don’t want to be annoyed about the advanced technology and elegance of the electric models, right? The gas-powered products will become a perfect decision because you are not worried about charging the battery or anything at all. Everything that you should do is to fulfill enough gas to run the mower.
In order to understand thoroughly, please take a look at our comprehensive gas-powered lawn mower reviews and look for one that is suitable with your demand.
- 1 Top 3 Best Gas Lawn Mowers on the Market
- 1.1 Husqvarna 7021P 21-Inch 160cc Honda GCV160 Gas Powered 3-N-1 Push Lawn Mower With High Rear Wheels (CARB Compliant)
- 1.2 Poulan Pro PR500N21SH High-Wheel Side Discharge/Mulch Push Mower, 21-Inch
- 1.3 Lawn-Boy 10730 Kohler High Wheel Push Gas Walk Behind Lawn Mower, 21-Inch
- 2 Gas Lawn Mower Pros and Cons
- 3 What you should take notice of before buying the best push gas lawn mower
- 4 Conclusion
- 5 Related Post
Top 3 Best Gas Lawn Mowers on the Market
Husqvarna 7021P 21-Inch 160cc Honda GCV160 Gas Powered 3-N-1 Push Lawn Mower With High Rear Wheels (CARB Compliant)
The Husqvarna 7021P is powered by 160cc Honda GCV160 and equipped with a fuel tank (its capacity of 0.98 quarts). It has a 6 level cutting height adjustment ranging from 1.5-inch to 3.5-inches.
In addition, it also provides a 21-inch cutting blade and 12-inch rear wheels that could support you to maneuver in uneven terrains. Interestingly, this product could be stored easily and simply. Furthermore, its weight is about 102 pounds and its warranty is 2 years.
Husqvarna 7021P Lawn Mower Pros and Cons
Husqvarna 7021P Pros
- Flexibility in terms of cutting collections, cutting heights, and performance
- Efficient in mowing grass in any kind of terrains
- Easy to mow
- Be equipped with a great engine of the Honda brand
- Own an adjustable handle
- Suitable price
- Extremely reliable and durable
- Have 2-year warranty
Husqvarna 7021P Cons
- Adapting the cutting height might be heavy
- The stuffing on the handle is not made of high-quality material
- The fuel tank is small, so it consumes lots of gas.
Poulan Pro PR500N21SH High-Wheel Side Discharge/Mulch Push Mower, 21-Inch
Be powered by a 140cc Briggs and Stratton Engine, the Poulan Pro PR500N21SH receives a high evaluation about its engine. This model comes with a 21-inch cutting deck and 12-inch rear wheels that might move through uneven and rough areas.
Especially, it’s rather lightweight than other gas mowers (about 35 pounds). Therefore, you might have a comfortable feeling when controlling it. Additionally, this product is equipped with a side discharge and mulch.
Poulan Pro PR500N21SH Pros and Cons
Poulan Pro PR500N21SH Pros
- Be exceedingly efficient with the engine of the Briggs and Stratton
- Have an alterable handle to bring a comfortable feeling.
- Be simple and easy to maneuver and handle
- Be lightweight (about 35 pounds)
Poulan Pro PR500N21SH Cons
- Using the gas lawn mowers might create some big noises.
- Your yard might be full of smoke after completing the task.
Lawn-Boy 10730 Kohler High Wheel Push Gas Walk Behind Lawn Mower, 21-Inch
The Lawn Boy 10730 is powered by Kohler engine. The 21-inch steel deck – a product of Tri-Cut cutting system – might bring a nice and healthy cut for the grass. The high rear wheel 11-inch will help you handle well with unlevel areas.
In addition, this model comes with 3-in-1 discharge ability so that you are able to mulch grass and clippings back to the lawn fast and efficiently.
Lawn Boy 10730 Lawn Mower Pros and Cons
Lawn Boy 10730 Pros
- It’s quite easy to operate.
- You don’t meet any difficulty in assembling this mower like the others.
- It will bring an easy-going feeling when maneuvering it.
- Be equipped with the 3-in-1 option that can help you deal with the clippings well.
- This machine comes with a wonderful warranty.
Lawn Boy 10730 Cons
- This product can not ship to California. If you’re living here, you might check out the model 17730.
- Sometimes, your neighbors feel annoyed because of its noise or smoke.
If you don’t like 3 above products, I think you will like: Greenworks 25022
Gas Lawn Mower Pros and Cons
Gas Lawn Mower Pros
- The gas products are used to handle tough and high grass thanks to their powerful engine. All that you just do is to add enough gasoline before mowing. Importantly, you don’t feel worried about batteries or power cords anymore. These products often operate for a long time.
- These models have a great capacity in moving because they don’t need to be linked to a power source.
- If you own the large lawn with more than one-third of an acre, picking up the gas-powered mowers will be an ideal choice.
- Using these models is relatively safe than availing the electric ones in case that you’re careless.
- In addition, almost all of the gas products are normally less expensive.
Gas Lawn Mower Cons
- Your yard will be full of smoke and noise after utilizing the gas lawn mowers. They emit the carbon dioxide in the environment as well as creating annoyance to the neighbors.
- The average weight is rather heavy, so you, sometimes, might feel difficult-to-use or spend a long time to start or check the fuel carefully.
- Due to its large size, these products need a big space for storing.
What you should take notice of before buying the best push gas lawn mower
You need to answer a couple of questions before buying a lawnmower. First of all, how big your yard is and what your yard’s terrain is. Then consider whenever you want to mulch, bag, or discharge the clippings.
The mulching function will chop the grass into pieces so that it’s absorbed into the lawn with ease. Meanwhile, discharging the clippings gives the nutrients back to the lawn as a natural fertilizer.
Whenever answering the 2 questions, it’s time to seek for the suited lawn mower. Here are some features that you should pay attention to carefully.
Cutting swath’s deck size and width
The biggest benefit of the gas mower is that it provides enough power to give a much wider cutting swath than reel or electric ones perform.
Therefore, you need to take care of its feature beforehand. Normally, almost gas-powered machines bring the 20” to 24” cutting swath. The wider it is, the less time you have to cut the grass.
Some mowers just offer one or two options in storing the clippings when cutting. Even some has just one option. For instance, you want the clippings discharged out the side of the mower, you can pick up the gas machine with one option.
In case that you prefer to bag the clippings in order to dispose in the compost bin or mulch the clippings back into the yard directly. Generally, it depends on your different wishes.
The engine’s type and size
The engine is rather important whenever coming to choose the gas lawn mowers. Most of the gas mowers have 2 stroke engines; meanwhile, some has 4. If your yard is average, it’s the best way to come with a 2-stroke engine.
Keep in mind that the kind of engine will bring 2 vital things as power and weight. Therefore, you should take notice of the grass’s type to choose the right lawn mower.
The small engines, even on the gas products, will face a little of difficulty when mowing the thick grass. Work out carefully in order to buy the mower that provides enough power.
Safety features and height adjustment
Noticing the height adjustment will help you deal with the grass better. For example, if the grass’s tall is 6”, you need to choose the mower’s height below 2” or 3”. Experts advise that you should pick up the tool that its height adjustment is between 2 – 4 inches.
Additionally, you have to take care of the safety features before buying. They often consist of a childproof starting mechanism that permits you to insert a key before operating the mower. It’s rather significant in a case that you have kids around.
Furthermore, select the gas mowers with rubber flap at the rear wheels to prevent wreckages or rocks from being injuring your feet when mowing.
Confidently we’ve supported you to give a right choice about choosing the best push gas lawn mower. There is just a few information to assist you through the whole collection process and come up with the most suitable product.
- Best-Rated Riding Lawn Mower Reviews 2018
- Best Electric Lawn Mowers Review & Buying Guide Of 2018
- Top 10 Best Push Mower Reviews 2018 on the Market
- Most Popular Lawn Tractor Reviews 2018
- Best Robotic Lawn Mower Reviews 2018
- Best Earthwise Electric Lawn Mowers Review 2018
- Best Push Reel Lawn Mowers Review & Buying Guide Of 2018
- How To Select The Best Push Lawn Mower of 2018
- Best Zero Turn Mower Reviews 2018 [ 18 Zero Turn Mower ]