You’re possibly seeing lots of the best electric lawn mower models when arriving at local tool stores or accessing online shops. At first, people reckon that this product is just a fad; however, its technology is gradually developed and enhanced. Furthermore, more and more clients recognize that these tools are simple, easy, and inexpensive to use for all the lawns.
Therefore, if you make up your mind to choose the electric mowers, you should do a clear research about it beforehand. Try to look at some necessary information here to support you in choosing.
Which kinds of electric lawn mower should you select?
1. Corded Mowers
Corded electric mowers are known as the first creation as well as dominating the mower marker for a long time. Choosing this kind is truly a correct choice because you enable to acquire cords that come up with 100 feet or you might invent with several expansion cords. But, keep in mind that the standard cord’s length depends on the model’s price.
- In comparison with a battery-powered lawn mower, the corded variations are supplemented more power. Owing to that, they might cope with more jobs i.e. mulching. Also, you might receive a bigger cutting deck to carry out more areas just in one pass.
- It will have a little difficulty when dealing with lawns having a large size. Besides, the chords are easily embroiled when you move further. Terribly, they could get caught up in the blade and make the main task become hard.
2. Cordless Mowers
Whenever mentioning the electric mowers, people are prone to choose the cordless lawn mower models. They’re equipped with a 24 or 36-volt rechargeable battery. These products might bring an eco-friendly environment, light maneuverability, and cheap maintenance. Additionally, they’re an appropriate choice for small yards.
- You don’t have to face up tangles when using the corded mowers anymore
- Take care of the battery’s time because you need to recharge it after 12 hours. That’s the reason why you should work out carefully to avoid running out of battery when mowing. So, it might decrease its life and power.
Top 3 Best Electric Lawn Mowers for you
Well, it’s time to carry out the next step; that is, choose an electric lawn mower for your own yard. At this time, we will concentrate on the best 3 models in the market which we relied mainly on customer judgments, their features, and warranty. Let’s consult a deeper analysis for each product and see which one will be suitable for your demands.
This corded tool is equipped with a 12 amp motor engine with a 3-in-1 option as a mulch bag, side discharge, and rear bag. The 7-inch front wheels and 10-inch rear ones might make the moving action become smoothly and easily. The cutting blade is made of high-quality steel and its range is about 20-inch with height increments from 1.5 – 3.75-inch. Interestingly, GreenWorks 25022 model warranty is 4 years.
- Have a light, manageable, and comfortable design
- Own high back wheels and low front ones for maneuvering easily and effectively.
- Be equipped with a rear bag with mulching capacity and side discharge
- Be rather quiet in mowing
- Own the powerful 12 Amp motor
- Be equipped with the powerful 20-inch cutting blades
- Have 4-year warranty
- Spend too much time on getting your hand in managing the cord.
- Be not suitable for bigger lawns.
- The noise level is louder than the push reel lawn mowers, but not as noisy as gas ones.
Black & Decker SPCM1936 is ranked at the top cordless mower. With 36-volt battery, it is able to work on large yards (about 1/3 acre). Similar to the GreenWorks 25022 corded lawn mower, this model comes with a 3-in-1 option that permits you to discharge, bag, or mulch the clippings. Moreover, it’s also equipped with a special feature self-propelled that might help you get the job done soon and efficiently. Additionally, you are able to store it conveniently. Its warranty comes up with 2 years.
- It’s very easy-to-use. All that you can do is just to press a button.
- Be environmentally friendly with zero exhalation.
- You might adjust the cutting height with ease.
- Be quiet when mowing
- Have a removable battery.
- You might meet some difficulties when carrying out the self-propelled model.
- It is quite heavy (106 pounds and 108 ones for shipping).
- You could sometimes feel tough when pulling it back. But when you get used to, it doesn’t matt
The Snow Joe MJ401E Mow Joe is equipped with a 12 amp motor and a 3-in-1 feature (side discharge, mulch feature, and rear bag). Its blade is made of high-quality steel with the 20-inch cutting blade. Thanks to the 7” front wheels and 10” rear wheel, you can push this mower easily and smoothly. One of the most wonderful upgrades is the metal deck; meanwhile, the other brands often use plastic for the deck. Moreover, it’s rather lightweight (56 pounds) and easy-to-cut. This product warranty is 4 years.
- Lightweight and suitable for small lawns
- No pollutant emission
- Be equipped with a hard-top grass catcher
- Have a durable steel blade – carry out perfect cuts
- Own the electric engine with 12 amp – work well with the grass.
- Not for medium or big yards
- Not easy to store
- The bag might be filled after 1 pass
What are you searching for before buying the electric lawn mower?
Corded or cordless powered
If your yard has many trees and obstacles that might cause confusion in blade, the corded products will not be a great choice. In case that you’re worried about the battery life, the corded or gas-powered ones are rather suitable. So, think carefully about your desire before picking up one.
Size and space
How big is your yard? How many rooms are there? Which kinds of mowers will be suited with your lawn? Keep in mind that the corded tools are inexpensive, lightweight, and small. Therefore, it can be perfect for the small yards.
Almost products with 2-in-1 feature will include side discharge and a rear bag. Meanwhile, a 3-in-1 mower will supplement a grass catcher in such a way that you are able to gather all the clippings.
Pay attention to the height adjustment in order to get a healthy and nice cut for the grass. The appropriate height adjustment for the electric lawn mowers will be about 5 – 7 feet tall.
In order to make the tools mow smoothly and effectively, you need to take notice of the wheels. If the front wheels are thinner and shorter and the rear ones are wider and taller, you might get great maneuverability. Normally, the products with 7” front wheels and 10” rear ones will be perfect.
Beforehand, you should wonder where and how you might store the mower. Then consult the information carefully in order to select the most suitable one. For example, the Black & Decker CM1936ZA Lawn Mower might be stored and fold vertically; meanwhile, some need more rooms.
Warranty and services
Nearly all of the products will come with at least one year warranty. Some is 2 years or 4 ones. In addition, the manufacturers also offer some great services related to the products.
Also Read: Best Lawn Mower
If you think that you’re in trouble with your gardening, particular mowing, don’t worry too much because the electric mower will be the best solution at this time. It will make your work become simple, easy, and effectively. Moreover, it’s not difficult to pick up the most appropriate product. All that you should take care of is the brand. We’ve already listed the top 3 best electric lawn mowers above so that you can consult to select the best one for your own yard. So, don’t miss consulting each detailed reviews about these models to purchase the good one.